Friday, May 10, 2013

Fitness Q&A


I found this nice little Q&A from Breathe Deeply and Smile and I felt like it might let you guys get to know me a little better. If you decide to do it, let us know in the comments and link back so we can get to know you as well!

1. Which are you more responsive to during a workout: positive encouragement or peer pressure?
Positive encouragement! I get so aggravated when people assume I just can't do things... It doesn't make me want to show that person up, it just makes me feel like I shouldn't even bother. Positive encouragement keeps me going.

2. What’s something on your fitness bucket list? 
Run some 5ks, keep health problems at bay, and be able to keep up with my future children when I have them... Sounds crazy but there's so many parents that just watch their children run around outside and do nothing more. I want to be able to provide them with active fun and keep up a healthy lifestyle.

3. Would you rather be in a group fitness class that’s overwhelmingly crowded or awkwardly empty?  
I would rather be in a fitness class that's awkwardly empty... Hello, if I'm paying for a class I want the best I can get! If that means nobody else in the class and the trainer helping me be better, then that's great!

4. Rank these activities in order of your preference/interest (favorite to least favorite): running, Zumba, yoga, Cross Fit, swimming, hiking, biking, pilates, kickboxing, sports that involve balls, spinning, weight lifting.
Biking, weight lifting, swimming, hiking, running, yoga, sports that involve balls, and last and most certainly least, Zumba (hate it)! I've never done pilates, kickboxing, Cross Fit or spinning!

5. Would you rather work out next to someone with major B.O. or someone who grunts constantly?
Grunts constantly, I suppose. I loathe going to the gym and hearing nothing but grunting and weights banging on the floor, but B.O. is something I literally can't be next to because I'll gag.

6. What’s your standard workout wear? (T-shirt/tank top, shorts/capris?)
Usually yoga pants or yoga leggings with an oversized tee. If it's hot, throw me in a pair of shorts and maybe a tank top.

7. Favorite post-workout snack?
I used to constantly drink protein shakes after my workouts but I ran out and, my god, that stuff is expensive! So now I'll usually eat a piece of fruit.

8. Which are your strongest muscles? Most neglected?
My strongest muscles are probably my legs, but I loathe working on them. My favorite is my arms. My most neglected muscles are probably my abs. Whoops... I'll get better!

9. Would you rather be trained by Jillian Michaels or Bob Harper? (Or a favorite celeb trainer of your choice!)
I don't know who Bob Harper is but I would probably prefer to be trained by him. Like I said in my first question, I don't like people screaming at me to do things or else give up. Everyone goes at their own pace and I don't think I would appreciate Jillian Michael's technique.

10. What’s one thing you’ve learned about fitness or your body in the last year?
My body can do absolutely amazing things. I never knew the power that was stored in my unused muscles. It's amazing how I can be dripping sweat, absolutely exhausted but energized at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...