Thursday, January 24, 2013

Baby, it's COLD outside

pintrest is basically telling us to go running in snow.. so we should ;) @nicole alicia
Picture: Pinterest
At about 1 o'clock this afternoon, the temperature had reached a whopping 12 degrees Fahrenheit.  I put on neon pink leggings, flannel pajama pants over that, and black North Face running pants over those.  I layered three running shirts and two fleece jackets, and headed to the track.  It was still dusted in snow.  I had used a hair clip to hold a knit infinity scarf on my face, but it kept slipping off my nose as I ran.  After about three quarters of a mile, I stopped to loop the infinity scarf over my ears, pull my hat down over that, then secure the whole thing with my sunglasses.  I'm pretty sure I looked like a basket case.  

I decided to run three miles today.  When I run at the track, I like to count the laps backwards down to zero... I'm not sure why, but it motivates me.  So today I started at twelve.  Even though I had run only three laps, I still felt a kick when I got down to single digits.  I only walked for half of a straight-away right before my last mile, and then finished strong.

It was frigid outside.  Despite the fact that I was sweating under my layers, I didn't feel warm until the last mile.  I probably averaged ten minute miles.  Not the greatest run I've ever done, but at least I got out there and did it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...