Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Recipe: Banana Brownie Protein Muffins

While I don't currently have the luxury of baking, as I live in a college dorm, I figured I couldn't not share this yummy recipe I came across... I'm definitely going to make these next time I'm home!

Banana Brownie Protein Muffins
{makes 12 muffins}


Ingredients:
3/4 cup (about 2 medium) frozen & thawed bananas
3/4 cup egg whites
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
1/2 cup oats
2 tbsp coconut flour
2 scoops protein powder
1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder 
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
dash vanilla
dash cinnamon


Directions:
Mix all of the dry ingredients together.
In a separate bowl, mix all wet ingredients together.
Slowly fold both mixtures together until well incorporated.
Preheat oven to 350.
Line a muffin pan with silicone baking cups or spray baking cups with non-stick cooking spray.
Spoon the batter into each of the 12 muffin cups.
Place in the center middle rack and bake for 18-20 minutes.


If you would like these to be plain Banana Protein muffins (just like regular banana bread!) then use vanilla or unflavored protein powder and nix the cocoa powder. 


Macros:
75 calories
less than 1g of fat
3g fiber
9g protein
6g carbs

*Thanks to the Petite Athlete for this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...