Tuesday, March 26, 2013

BolderBoulder



Helloooo!  It's been a while since I have posted, but what with the random weather patterns and even stranger cold viruses I have been battling, there hasn't been much to report.  However, my boyfriend has finally convinced me to sign up for a race!  Today was my first training day for a 10K race in Boulder, CO which will take place in May.  I found a "running for beginners" schedule on Pinterest which I have decided to follow.  It's supposed to be a half-marathon training regimen, but I liked that it only has one rest day and cross-training on the other non-running days.  Also, it is kinda likely that if I feel even slightly miserable during the race I will pitch a whiny little fit and just drop out halfway through.  So, if I can push myself to run 10 miles during a training day, 6.2 will be cake-walk.  Hopefully.  


2013 Registration

Today I ran a slow 2 miles at a 9:50 pace.  It was tough because I had my dog with me, and she isn't the best runner yet.  Every 5 steps she would be pulling so much that I couldn't swing my arms naturally, so I had to give a little tug on the leash to bring her back to my side.  I'm also still getting over a cold, so I had to swallow a nasty amount of post-nasal drip just to have an open airway.  BUT I am proud to say that I never stopped to walk once.  


Tomorrow will be a cross-training day.  The schedule says to workout for 30 minutes.  I will mix an ab and leg workout with the "Morning Workout" that Aimee posted last week.  I won't be doing it until the afternoon though, but hopefully it will have the same results....

Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...