Sunday, February 24, 2013

And the Oscar goes to....

It's Oscar night!  Sadly, the only nominated film I actually saw this year was Les Mis, but it was amazing and I am excited. (Truthfully, I also saw Denzel Washington in Flight, but it was the worst movie I have seen since The Room, so it doesn't count.)  This is the only awards show that I watch completely, including the long, drawn-out red carpet.  Why, you ask?  Because the glamour and perfection is so overwhelming, it motivates me to get in shape.  I also have learned some really great "runway ready" workout routines by watching the red carpet.  My favorite move from a red carpet that now has a permanent place in my weight routine is what I call, "hug a tall guy."  One arm at a time, you start with your elbow tucked and your arm out at a 90 degree angle, the dumbbell vertical.  Then you swing your arm up and around the shoulders of your imaginary tall person.  (12-15 reps each arm, 3 sets)
Google Images
I went to the gym today so that I don't feel quite so bad about myself when the celebs step out of their limos.  I ran 1 mile on the treadmill, biked 2 miles, did 60 sit ups on a balance ball, and did 2 sets of 10 reps on a lat pull-down (higher weight).  I wasn't there very long, but I managed to keep my heart rate up (and sweat like a pig).  

I have also been good today with my diet... 2 scrambled eggs with mozz cheese for breakfast (no toast), a banana for a snack, and I'm about to go make a giant salad with spinach, carrots, almonds and craisins (and maybe some tuna if I'm feeling adventurous).  


**Don't just obsess over your health...think about others too!  Last Friday I donated blood to Rhode Island Blood Center.  Hundreds of blood drives had to be cancelled due to the blizzard, so patients aren't receiving as many infusions as they need.  The need is great...and they need all blood types to donate.  It takes a little as 30 minutes of your day!  Save a life!  Donate!**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...