Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Workout Wednesday: Abs

So we've decided that every Wednesday, from here on out, we're going to post a new workout to share with you all. Today is all about the abs, which I usually try to work on at the end of every workout (I'm in a contest with my boyfriend to see who can get a six-pack first and I fully intend on destroying him).

Try every exercise below, for what I imagine will be a good burn, 25 times each. If you can't reach 25, that's fine. Don't hurt yourself trying to hit that number. Start with a shorter amount of reps and work your way up.

Another tip: don't strain your neck! It's so easy to misuse your neck to lift your body during ab exercises. If you find yourself doing it, stop! You'll wake up with a horribly sore neck, believe me. Try to focus all of your work into your abdominal muscles.

{a} {b}

{a}  {b}

{a}  {b}

{a}  {b}

{a}  {b}

{a}  {b}

{a}  {b}


Now, I didn't post every single move because some looked kind of funky and I probably wouldn't have done them, anyway. You can find the rest here at Random Antics, along with explanations if you don't fully understand just the pictures.

I'll post back next time I hit the gym for my core session and let you know how I did with these exercises!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...