Friday, February 15, 2013

Spinach and Tortellini Soup

Picture: prevention.com
This is the easiest soup I have ever made.  Not that I usually make soup, but it's almost as easy as the "just add one can of water and microwave" soup.  And it's goooood.  The original recipe, posted on Prevention.com, uses only 4 ingredients.  I added a few more spices because, hey why not?  



Ingredients:


- 4 cups boxed chicken stock

- 9 ounces cheese tortellini (Buitoni) 
- baby spinach
- parmesan cheese
optional: red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, basil

Directions:


Bring the chicken stock plus 1 cup water to a boil in a saucepan.  Add the tortellini and reduce heat to simmer; cook until the pasta is tender.  Stir in as much spinach as desired until just wilted.  (I then added my spices... the red pepper flakes were a must for me!  It just needed some more flavor.)  Sprinkle a little parmesan in each bowl when you serve it.  Done!


This recipe barely takes 10 minutes, and each bowl is only about 250 calories!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...